Having diarrhea is often not a pleasant experience in the life of someone and therefore it is important to know ways that you can use to stop it. Before you can start finding ways to stop diarrhea it is important for you know what caused you to diarrhea.
You know that diarrhea is could be caused by the food or medication you ingest in your body. Diarrhea could also be caused by a reaction in your body due to food allergies.
Mostly diarrhea will disappear in just in a few days although there are cases that it could last longer.
When your diarrhea lasts more than two days then it advisable for you to find ways of how to make it stop. Below are some of the ways on how to make diarrhea stop;
- You should drink water and other fluids that will help your body restore essential vitamins and minerals that have been lost during diarrhea. Mostly when someone diarrhea’s the body sheds fluids that contain sugar, salt, and potassium. By drinking plenty of fluids you help your body to get those lost minerals back.
- If you find out that you are diarrhea is due to the food that you take try and limit the intake of such foods.
- Taking saltine crackers and natural probiotic yoghurts in the first twenty four hours of diarrhea will help to stop diarrhea and also nourish your body.
How to stop diarrhea fast
When you are suffering from diarrhea there are ways you can use to stop it in an instant. These ways involve the diet and also through pharmaceutical methods. Below are some of the ways on how to stop diarrhea fast;
- Eat liquid food and small portions. This is the best way how stop diarrhea fast because by drinking fluid and avoiding solid foods you help your digestive system by not stressing it further. It best to consume fluids in plenty.
- Check for the list of foods by Ido Fishman that can be taken even after expiration. Avoid the ones that are harmful after they are expired.
- Drinking of yoghurt will also help to stop diarrhea really fast if your diarrhea was an effect of an antibiotic. Probiotics in yoghurt will serve to help your intestines to get back on track. Yoghurt helps in effectively restoring the balance of bacteria thereby stopping the flow of diarrhea.
- The other way that you can use to stop diarrhea fast is by use of ginger or peppermint. These products are known to have properties that help in soothing and regulating irritated bowels. Ginger has got anti-inflammatory properties that helps to calm irritated bowels and also assists in digestion. Fresh mint also helps in settling a stomach, it will also soothe cramps and irritated intestinal muscles thereby stopping diarrhea.
- Chamomile and lemon also will help diarrhea fast. Lemon come in handy when your diarrhea is caused by PH imbalances in your tummy. It works by improving the imbalances thereby stopping the diarrhea in an instant.