Portable generators are manufactured with the notion having a reliable source of power when you need it the most. People are always in need of a power source whether indoors or for outdoor expeditions. Other than emergency, they are used in construction sites,offices, hospitals and other business houses.
They have also made their way into homes and have become very popular for outdoor activities. But, there are some important considerations to be made when it comes to choosing the right portable generators. Things that you have to consider are the output of power, fuel tank capacity and other features.
Points to remember while choosing a portable generator
While buying the portable generators there are things that you have to consider like.
- Voltage stability is an important feature as it is very important to run voltage sensitive devices like computers. Other delicate devices tend to get fried with fluctuating voltages.
- Another feature is the fuel efficiency, which is a very important as the generators run on fuel. You have to check how fast it burns up fuel as it is directly linked to costs.
- You should also check on the noise level so that it is not loud to be disturbing.
- A portable generator means that it should not be very bulky and overweight so that it can be carried easily.
7 Best portable generators in the market
The best portable generator is power-packed and offers a lot of functionality and usability. Here are best 7 brands that you can choose from.
- DuroStar a leading portable generator maker which can churn 4,000watts of power, it can run up to eight hours at half load it has 4 gallon tank for gas, it operates smoothly and quietly and is compact and inexpensive.
- DuroMax is another leading portable generator some of the best models produce 8,000 – 10000 watts of power. It has fuel protection system and is very portable.
- Hyundai generators are powerful and among the best low priced portable generators in the market. It comes with 4 stroke engine for alternative power.
- Yamaha generators are safe to use, it produces stabilized power and are very good for sensitive electronic devices.
- All Power America generators are very reasonably priced and produce low sounds; it also comes with 4 stroke variants.
- Sportsman generators come in propane-based electrical variants they are fuel efficient and have a low maintenance cost. It is environment friendly so saves a lot of money on fuel.
- Champion generators can run up to 10 hours at half load some best models comes with overload protection, low oil senor and voltmeter and are also quite inexpensive.
A portable generator does not just light up homes it comes with a lot of usage in times of emergencies and it can also be of great use while camping, industrial or business use.
While purchasing a portable generator, it is important to choose the right model according to your needs. It is a great investment for your home or your business, so take time and choose from the best priced and efficient models.