If you have a new born baby then no one can understand how important it is Nurse your baby during the first six months.
As per experts, it has been proven that children who survive solely on breast feeding during the first six months of their life, posses a far better health than the ones who are made to consume other edible products during that time.
Children who are below six months must be made to breastfeed only. They must not be allowed to consume even water during that particular period.
In order to nurse your baby, you must first cuddle him over your chests thereby welcoming him in this world.
If possible invest in baby carriers for breastfeeding which will help you feed your baby without any hassle even when you are out and not at home.
When you and your baby are tightly covered and skin to skin with each other, then there are better feeding reflexes.
This simply means that the little infant will then again begin looking at your breasts which will result in more and more milk production.
New born babies are extremely interested during their first hour of birth than any other part of their life. This assists babies to stay warm and abate stress thereby making him overcome from the birth.
Babies who are born out of caesarean can also practice the same until they feel fully satisfied. Following are some of the best breastfeeding tips:
- Observe the initial signs of your baby such as desiring to feed, licking of lips and putting hands inside the mouth. Crying is the latest hunger cue
- Sit comfortably busing pillows for ample support
- Relax and try bringing the baby to the breasts instead of breasts to the baby
- Try supporting your breasts by holding four fingers beneath them. Keep your fingers away from the dark area or areola with the thumb over the top. Just few drops of your milk will instigate the taste and smell of the baby.
- Try resting the chin of the baby on your breasts. Nose must be placed in such a position that it gets ample passage to have comfort.
- In case you feel that your baby is sucking too slowly, then try to pump him lightly for fastening up the sucking.
- In case you need to remove the baby from the breasts then try removing him/her gently when the suction gets broken off.
- If you feel that you have a slight pain during feeding your baby in your breasts, and then do not worry. It will soon get over with time as your breasts get soften up.